Manufactured by Bernini
Walnut and bronze
H. 71 D. 120 cm
Angelo Mangiarotti was an italian designer and architect. He began his training at Milan polytechnic, earning a degree in architecture in 1948.
In 1953 Mangiarotti was a visiting lecturer at the Illinois Institute of Technology. While in the United-States he was working with such luminaries as Frank Lloyd Wright, Walter Gropius and Ludwig Mies van der Rohe. After his return to Italy in 1955, he opened a firm with Bruno Morassutti – practicing with him until 1960. In the same year Mangiarotti opened a solo firm.
Throughout his career, Mangiarotti had been awarded several prestigious awards for his architecture and designs. Supreme craftsmanship and expressive materials define many of his designs, but the beauty of Mangiarotti’s works-from the mater misericordiae church (1957) to the clizia bench(1990) – is in their grace and presence.